You have no items in your shopping cart.
About This Speer 223 Remington AmmunitionSpeer designed this 223 Rem ammunition specifically for law enforcement applications – but it is available to anyone who believes their personal safety demands the absolute best AR ammo there is.
This cartridge is loaded with a bonded soft point projectile. Speer created it by submerging an alloyed lead core in an electrochemical bath, thus fusing it to its jacket one molecule at a time. The soft point’s jacket is perfectly concentric to promote outstanding accuracy (0.400 G1 BC), and also exceedingly tough to prevent shallow penetration resulting from core/jacket separation. The bullet is also quite heavy at 75 grains, which gives it the momentum requisite for reliable penetration of barriers and soft tissue alike.
This round’s bullet is engineered to undergo expansion even if it is fired out of a 10” barrel, or if it doesn’t strike its target until it has already soared 200 yards. It also passes the FBI’s test protocol with flying colors (24” test bbl):
• Bare ballistic gel: 17.5” penetration, 0.544” expansion, 99.73% weight retention
• Heavy clothing: 16.75” penetration, 0.577” expansion, 97.07% weight retention
• Steel: 12.25” penetration, 0.227” expansion, 99.60% weight retention
• Wall board: 16.00” penetration, 0.440” expansion, 93.47% weight retention
• Plywood: 16.50” penetration, 0.460” expansion, 87.47% weight retention
• Safety glass: 12.75” penetration, 0.502” expansion, 47.47% weight retention
Speer Gold Dot ammunition is loaded with corrosion-resistant and smooth-cycling nickel-plated brass cases, highly dependable noncorrosive Boxer primers, and propellant that minimizes muzzle flash to help conserve the eyes’ acclimation to dark environments.
|Ammo Caliber||223 Remington|
|Bullet Type||soft point|
Customer Reviews of this 223 REM SPEER GOLD DOT 75 GRAIN SP (500 ROUNDS)
How likely are you to recommend this product to a friend? How quickly did your order arrive?
Incredible groups at 100 yds. Check Youtube if you want to see the expansion performance of these rounds. Recommend you shoot these from an 18-20 inch barrel for best results.
Write Your Own Review