You have no items in your shopping cart.
About This Federal 223 Remington AmmunitionFederal Premium Law Enforcement (LE) Tactical Rifle Urban (TRU) 223 Rem ammunition is made for law enforcement professionals. But here’s the neat thing: so long as you own a 223 Rem rifle and live in a state we’re legally allowed to ship to, you too can utilize this high-quality Minnesota-made defensive ammunition!
This cartridge is loaded with the 55 grain GameKing boat tail hollow point by Sierra. It’s a bullet often used for hunting medium game, and features a drag-reducing tapered base and functional nose cavity that delivers injurious terminal expansion. Federal graciously provides their own ballistic test data for this ammo. They used a Colt M4 with a 14.5” barrel and 1:7” rate of twist, and fired at six blocks of ballistic gel (five of which were shielded by common urban barriers) at a range of 10’:
• Bare gel - 11.25" penetration, 0.40” expansion, 30.55% weight retention
• Heavy clothing - 11.00” penetration, 0.39" expansion, 42.91% weight retention
• Steel - 9.00" penetration, 0.26"expansion, 9.45% weight retention
• Wallboard - 12.50" penetration, 0.42" expansion, 38.18% weight retention
• Plywood - 11.25" penetration, 0.41" expansion, 56.18% weight retention
• Glass - 6.25" penetration, 0.40" expansion, 34.91% weight retention
This ammunition features professional-grade reloadable brass cases, complete with thick webs that withstand heavy pressure and crimped noncorrosive Boxer primers that stay firmly seated where they belong. This ammunition is also loaded with flash-suppressed propellant, which emits a dimmer muzzle flash so your eyes can stay better acclimated to poor lighting after firing your first shot.
|Ammo Caliber||223 Remington|
|Bullet Type||Hollow-Point Boat Tail (HP-BT)|
Write Your Own Review