You have no items in your shopping cart.
About This Federal 223 Remington AmmunitionWe won’t come right out and declare the best 223 Rem ammunition for self-defense. But we will confirm that Federal Premium Law Enforcement (LE) Tactical Rifle Urban (TRU) 223 Rem certainly ranks right up there. The Minnesotan company specifically loads this ammo for law enforcement officers’ AR-style rifles. Not a law enforcement officer? Then you may not get to wear a cool badge, but you can still order this ammo and keep it ready for an emergency (or use it for varmint and predator hunting).
This cartridge is loaded with a non-bonded 55 grain soft point projectile. Federal Premium’s own terminal ballistics test data show what the SP can achieve when fired from a Colt M4 with a 14.5” barrel and 1:7” rate of twist. The following data were collected after firing at six blocks of ballistic gel at 10 yards (five of which were shielded by common urban barriers):
• Bare gel - 7.75" penetration, 0.52” expansion, 92.00% weight retention
• Heavy clothing - 11.50” penetration, 0.48" expansion, 84.36% weight retention
• Steel - 9.00" penetration, 0.27"expansion, 20.00% weight retention
• Wallboard - 7.25" penetration, 0.35" expansion, 11.75% weight retention
• Plywood - 10.50" penetration, 0.43" expansion, 73.10% weight retention
• Glass - 2.25" penetration, 0.00" expansion, 0.00% weight retention
This ammunition is loaded with military-grade low-flash propellant that conserves the shooter’s vision while they’re firing in a dark environment. The TRU case and web are made with thicker brass that hold up to high pressure, and the case’s noncorrosive Boxer primer is crimped for improved holding ability. This ammunition is engineered carefully and inspected thoroughly. You deserve just as much confidence in your rifle ammo as any cop working his beat.
|Ammo Caliber||223 Remington|
|Bullet Type||soft point|
Write Your Own Review